UBCO Faculty and Staff – Getting started
Requests can range from simple repairs or changing a light bulb, to renovating your office space or consulting with someone to optimize the use of your space on campus. Submit your request through the Facilities Work Request system and it will be assigned and distributed to the appropriate team.
Note: For all requests involving an application to an external funding agency (e.g. Canada Foundation of Innovation, Western Economic Diversification, Genome Canada), check the Office of Research Services Institutional Programs webpage for internal procedures and deadlines prior to initiating a request with Project Services.
Contractors, Consultants & Vendors
These guidelines provide the information you need prior to starting a project all the way through to project completion.
Before arriving on campus
Here are a few important points to note before arriving on campus.
Project requirements and resources
Review the following documents before beginning the job or project.
- Campus Planning – Approvals and Application Process
- Campus Planning – Plans and Guidelines
- Campus Planning – Design Guidelines
- Campus Planning – Campus Plan
- Contractor Safety & Orientation Manual
- Construction & Renovation Waste and Diversion Tracking
- Design Review Portal
- Lab Renovation Guide
- Learning Space Guidelines
- Records Retrieval Site
- Signage Guidelines – Interior
- Signage Guidelines – Exterior
- Technical Guidelines
- Technical Safety BC – Required Electrical Markings
Permits and Forms
- Salto Access: please contact email@example.com
- Custodial Requests
- Equipment Pre-Purchase Form
- Fall Protection Procedure
- Hot Work and Dust Program
- Isolation and Lockout
- Project Impact Assessment
- Roof Top Access
- Traffic Management Plan Guidelines
- Traffic Management Plan Application
- Utility Criticality Assessment for Researchers
- Working Alone/In Isolation